SAFRA-SIM Global Education Sponsorship
SAFRA-SIM Global Education Sponsorship
SAFRA members can tap the SAFRA-SIM GE Sponsorship under the SAFRA Education Scheme to further their education. SIM Global Education will sponsor up to a maximum of ten Nominated Members, by SAFRA, for each academic year. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one or more interview sessions.
|UOL part-time undergraduate degree programmes||SIM diploma programmes|
|Value||Full SIM course fees excluding fees payable to UOL||50% of course fees only|
- Applicable to Singaporeans only
- Applicable only to new incoming students pursuing full-time SIM diploma programmes and part-time University of London (UOL) undergraduate degree programmes.
- Applicants must meet the basic entry requirements of the programme.
- Applicants must separately seek admission to their programmes of choice and must be accepted for admission before being awarded the sponsorship.
- Applicants must have completed full-time National Service and be a valid SAFRA Ordinary A, Ordinary B, or Life member. Full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) under Ordinary A seeking to apply for study in any of the stated educational institutions will also be considered if they are in their last year of service and/or whose Operationally Ready Date (ORD) fall at least three (3) months before the start date of the applied course.
- Applicants whose combined monthly household income is less than $3,000 will be given priority.
Closing dates for application are on the last day of March and September respectively, unless otherwise mentioned.
Terms & Conditions
- The sponsored candidate must remain a valid SAFRA member throughout the entire duration of the course. If he terminates his membership or should the membership expire and lapse, he will have to repay the pro-rated costs expended on the sponsored course already incurred.
- The recipient is required to sit for all tests, assessments, and examinations and obtain the qualification within the minimum period required of study.
- The recipient is not allowed to change the Programme at any time.
- Recipient shall not take up or register or enroll in any diploma or degree course(s) without the prior written approval of the Sponsor.
- Recipient shall not, without the prior written approval of the Sponsor, hold the Sponsorship Award concurrently with any other scholarship or tuition grant.
- Academic performance will be reviewed every semester. Recipients are expected to always maintain a required minimum average mark. Should the recipient fail to attain the average mark comprised in the Programme at any of the required examinations, the sponsorship may be terminated by SIM.
- All fees that relate to any repeat module(s) will be borne by the recipient.
- The Sponsorship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the Sponsor, the recipient’s progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If for whatever reasons the Sponsorship is terminated, the recipient shall be further liable to repay SIM GE all the Sponsorship Award Benefits that have been paid by SIM GE.
SAFRA reserves the right to revise any of these terms and conditions or withdraw or alter the SAFRA Education Scheme at any time without prior notice. In case of a dispute, the decision of SAFRA and the relevant educational institutions involved shall be final.
Be a Donor or Sponsor
An education is the best gift one can receive. SIM GE works with partners and benefactors who have been helping us to grow from strength to strength as we strive to provide the best all rounded education for our students.
If you are an organisation, foundation, trust or even an individual, and you wish to sponsor a Scholarship, Bursary, or Grant, we welcome you to explore this noble ambition with us.
You May Also Like
SIM GE Undergraduate Scholarship
Learn about the eligibility criteria of the SIM GE Undergraduate Scholarship, and find out how to apply.Learn more
SIM Global Education Diploma Scholarships
View eligibility criteria and application details for the SIM GE Academic Excellence Scholarship (Diploma) and SIM GE Merit Scholarship (Diploma).Learn more