Step 1 of 4
Prepare documentsHere’s a list of things you need to do:
- Ensure that you meet the academic and English language requirements for the programme. By the application closing date, you must have attained the minimum qualification required for the programme.
- Scan copies of your relevant educational certificates and transcripts (in PDF format except for OpenCert file).
- E.g., GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level certificates, diplomas, degree certificate, exam transcripts and other relevant academic documents etc.
- Digital certificate and transcript documents (with opencert. extension) from Singapore Institutions obtained from your Skills Passport through MySkillsFuture website (for local applicants)
- Translated and notarised copies are required if these documents are not in English.
- Proof of English language proficiency where applicable (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) accordingly to the English language requirements for the programme.
- Scan a copy of your Identification document.
- Local applicants: Front and back of your NRIC or Digital NRIC (reflecting full details)
- International applicants: Valid passport and front and back of your FIN (if applicable)
- Prepare a passport-sized digital photograph that meets these requirements: ·
- Taken in the last 3 months
- White background
- JPEG format, 400 by 514 pixels
- File size of around 60KB
- If you are applying for University of Birmingham Master’s programme, you will also need to prepare the following documents:
- Statement of purpose
- Two reference letters
Step 2 of 4
Submit application online and make payment
- Create an account if you are new to the SIMConnect portal, or log in with your email address and password if you already have an account.
- If you have forgotten your SIM login ID and/or password, please contact Student Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+65) 6248 9746.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form and submit your application.
- Proceed to make payment for your application.
- Upload all supporting documents. Applications with incomplete, inaccurate information and without supporting documents will NOT be processed and considered.
Student Pass (STP) application (for international applicants)International applicants applying to a full-time programme must also apply for a Student’s Pass (STP) online. Your STP application is subjected to approval by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Learn about visa requirements | Contact an SIM international representative or agent
Application feeAn application fee is payable for every application form submitted. Unpaid applications will not be processed.
- Local applicants: S$97.20 (inclusive of GST)
- International applicants: S$486.00 (inclusive of GST, does not include all fees related to Student’s Pass application)
Accepted payment methods
- Credit card (Visa or Master)
View all payment methods
Step 3 of 4
All supporting documents submitted in your application such as identification document, all academic documents must be verified by SIM.
Applicants can choose one of the following channels for document verification:
- Bring your original documents for verification at our Student Recruitment Office.
- International applicants can mail original notarised documents by post to SIM Campus.
- Address: SIM Campus, Student Recruitment Office, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491, Block A, Level 2
- Student Recruitment Office Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm (Mon-Fri), 9.00am to 1.00pm (Saturdays), Closed on public holidays and SIM shutdown days (Eve of Christmas Day, Eve of New Year's Day, Eve of Chinese New Year, 3rd day of Chinese New Year)
- Local applicants can send their Digital Certificate and Transcript obtained from your Skills Passport through MySkillsFuture website (for local applicants). Please upload the document online via SIMConnect portal (preferred) or send the document via email to email@example.com for verification.
- Attend the virtual Zoom verification session on Tuesday - Friday: 2pm to 5pm (Closed on public holidays and SIM shutdown days).
- International applicants can make an appointment with our country representative for video verification. Contact an SIM international representative or agent