- New applications must be submitted at least two to six months before the course commencement date.
- Applicants need not be in Singapore while their applications are being processed. ICA will not grant extension of stay in Singapore while the processing is underway.
- Applicants are required to be in Singapore to complete formalities in person at ICA Building for the issuance of Student’s Pass only after their applications have been approved. ICA will issue the Student’s Pass within one month before the course commencement date.
New applications are to be submitted via the SIMConnect
The following documents may be required by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA):
Applicant of the Student’s Pass:
- Passport (Bio-data page)(photocopy)
- Passport-size photo
- Birth Certificate (Original native Language and English-translated version)
- Documentary proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/saving accounts (photocopy) -applicable if the applicant requires a visa to enter Singapore.
If one of the applicant’s parents or step-parents is a Singapore citizen or permanent resident:
- Parent’s/step-parent’s official marriage/divorce certificate and applicant’s custody paper, where applicable (photocopy);
- Parent’s/step-parent’s highest educational certificate (photocopy);
- Parent’s/step-parent’s letter of employment (letter should state date of commencement of employment, designation, and salary per month) or copy of Business Registration Certificate (Instant Computer Printout) if applicant’s parent/step-parent is self-employed. These documents should not be issued more than one month ago;
- Parent’s/step-parent’s monthly CPF contribution for the past 12 months;
- Parent’s/step-parent’s Income Tax Assessment Notices for the past 3 years (photocopy).
If applicant’s spouse is a Singapore citizen or permanent resident:
- Spouse’s marriage/divorce certificate, where applicable (photocopy);
- Spouse’s highest educational certificates (photocopy);
- Spouse’s letter of employment (letter should state date of commencement of employment, designation, and salary per month) or Business Registration Certificate (Instant Computer Printout) if applicant’s spouse is self-employed. These documents should not be issued more than one month ago;
- Spouse’s monthly CPF contribution for the past 12 months;
- Spouse’s Income Tax Assessment Notices for the past 3 years (photocopy).
: Successful applicants are required to produce all original copies of their basic and supporting documents for verification when completing formaliites in person
at ICA Building.
The normal processing time is 4-5 weeks upon receipt of the STP application and required documents. However, some applications may take a longer time to process. Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email. You are advised to check your email inbox (including spam and junk folders) regularly.
Payment of Issuance Fee
- The In-Principle Approval letter will be issued upon approval of the STP application.
- Upon approval of the STP application, the applicant / student is required to complete the formalities online and pay the issuance fee online to ICA.
- The issuance fee amount is S$60. An additional fee of S$30 is required if the applicant / student requires a visa to enter Singapore.
Make E-appointment to complete formalities at ICA Building
- Once payment of the issuance fee is made, proceed to make E-appointment via the ICA e-appointment facility to complete formalities in person at ICA Building.
- E-appointment should be made upon confirmation of travel arrangements to enter Singapore.
- The completion of formalities is strictly by appointment at the collection point at ICA Building.
- The E-appointment date should be 1 month or less before course commencement date.
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station, green line)
Documents required when completing formalities in person at ICA Building
Successful applicants are required to produce all original copies of their basic and supporting documents for verification when completing formalities at ICA Building.
- ICA In-principle Approval Letter
- SIM Offer Letter / School Certification Letter from SIM Student Services if e-appointment is more than one month from the date indicated on your SIM Offer Letter
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Education Qualifications
- Medical Report (if required)
- Embarkation/Disembarkation Card
- Passport-sized photograph (with white background)
- T&C acknowledgement of the Students' Pass (STP) Card (PDF 140 KB)
Note: If documents are not in English, please provide a translated or notarised version.
Issuance of Digital Student's Pass
- Upon sucessful completion of formalities, ICA will issue the digital Student's Pass within 24 hours via email.
- ICA will email to the email address as indicated in the STP application.
In-Principle-Approval Letter (IPA) / Social Visit Pass (SVP):
- The IPA letter is a document to allow students to gain entry into Singapore.
- Upon arrival in Singapore, a Social Visit Pass (SVP) is issued to the applicant.
- The SVP may be stamped onto the passport or emailed to applicant’s email account. You are advised to check your email.
- The SVP is the official approval to stay in Singapore while pending the collection of the STP.
- Student needs to extend the Social Visit Pass upon expiry directly with ICA.