SIM Global Education Bursary
The SIM GE Bursary aims to provide financial assistance to needy students studying at SIM Global Education (GE). This award is given based on our eligibility criteria, as well as the assessed level of neediness of the applicants.
The decision of SIM Global Education is final and we do not enter into any correspondence on the award of the SIM GE Bursary (including the reasons for not awarding the SIM GE Bursary).
|Name of Award||Per Capita Income (PCI)*||Quantum|
|SIM GE Bursary (Tier 1)||$0 to $600||$6,000|
|SIM GE Bursary (Tier 2)||$601 to $1,000||$3,000|
|MUFG Investor Services Bursary**||$601 to $1,000||$3,000|
* E.g.: Ceiling for PCI: S$600 (Total Gross Household Income = $3,000, Total Number of Household Members = 5, PCI = $3,000 / 5 = $600)
** Applicable to local Singaporean students pursuing business or banking/finance related programmes in SIM GE. Recipients will be selected from the list of eligible SIM GE Bursary applications.
- Full-time or part-time SIM GE students pursuing foundation, diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate programmes, excluding those who are currently in a Bridging / Preparatory / Certificate in English course
- Must have enrolled and started classes
- Singapore citizen / Singapore permanent resident / international student
- Have financial difficulties caused by loss of job, loss of income-earner, or medical treatment / condition
- Have satisfactory academic results
- Must not be receiving any SIM GE sponsorship / scholarship, or have not been awarded the SIM GE bursary within the last one year at the point of application
Applications are accepted throughout the year, but will be processed and awarded on a quarterly basis. Late entries will be considered in the subsequent quarter.
|Application Period||Closing Date||Processing Period||Notification Period|
|Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar)||31 March||April to May||June|
|Quarter 2 (Apr to Jun)||30 June||July to August||September|
|Quarter 3 (Jul to Sep)||30 September||October to November||December|
|Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec)||31 December||January to February||March|
- The bursary is tenable for one year of study.
- No repayment is required. However, the bursary must be refunded in part or in full if the student discontinues his or her studies.
Things to Note
• Bursary recipients will need to make course fees payment first and have started classes before the bursaries can be disbursed.
Prepare the required documents
- All documents must be scanned and attached to the online application form before submission as no changes can be made thereafter.
- SIM GE has the right to reject applications with incomplete documents.
- Prepare the required supporting documents before application:
Apply in SIMConnect
- Log in to SIMConnect and navigate to the ‘My Apps’ tab.
- Select ‘Self Service’ and click on ‘Campus Finance’.
- Next, select ‘Financial Aid’ and click ‘Apply for Bursary’.
The collection of personal data such as your NRIC number, and other supporting documents are required to facilitate the processing of applications, including verifications of the identities of applicants and household members.
Learn more about SIM Data Privacy
You May Also Like
SIM Global Education Diploma Scholarship
View eligibility criteria and application details for the SIM GE Academic Excellence Scholarship (Diploma) and SIM GE Merit Scholarship (Diploma).Learn more
SIM Global Education Scholarship
Learn about the eligibility criteria of the SIM GE Scholarship, and find out how to apply.Learn more