Developed and Awarded by Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore
As the expectations on corporate responsibility increase, and as transparency becomes more prevalent,
companies are recognizing the need to act on sustainability . This is an opportune time for SIM to provide
conceptual, skills-based, and practical learning in the emerging field of sustainability through our Graduate
Diploma in Business Sustainability.
Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability
Postgraduate/Masters, single major
Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore
Part-time, 1 year
Now till 16 Jul 2023 (for Sep 2023 intake)
* Exclude application fee, preparatory or bridging course fee, and other fees. Refer to the Fees & Financial Aid section for details.
Developed and Awarded by Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore
The Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability is designed for you to:
- Enable students to develop awareness of sustainable development responsibilities and how the organization aligns its resources and practices to support sustainability and stakeholder management
- Enable students to acquire knowledge of some leading practices in Human Resource Management involvement, to improve the organisation’s carbon footprint
- Enable students to recognize and understand how the role of the Supply Chain plays in an overall business operation, as well as explore key success factors of implementing a sustainable Supply Chain Management system within the organization
Further Studies & Career Prospects
Graduates of this programme will be able to gain knowledge and competencies
in sustainability concepts that value add to employment and career advancement opportunities in general business areas of Management, Marketing, Finance and Operations, for all industries
Hear from our students
Working in the beauty industry, Rebecca Tiew, an SIM Diploma in International Business graduate, develops out-of-the-box marketing strategies with sharpened creativity and a global perspective she has gained from the programme. The graduate who has also received the Mapletree Award for her outstanding achievements aspires to refine her skill set in the digital marketing space to help more businesses thrive.
There will be three intakes a year, in January, May and September.
Jan 2024 Intake
02 Jan 2024 – 31 Dec 2024
Now till 17 Nov 2023
Maximum allowed period to complete: 2 years.
No refund or recourse should the student fail to complete in the maximum period.
SIM reserves the right to recommend and withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme.
- Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with work experience and knowledge in their domain.
- Average teacher-student ratio is 1:50.
View a list of lecturers’ teaching modules (PDF 97 KB)
- Blended learning is an approach to education that combines online lesson delivery and interaction with traditional face-to-face (F2F) classroom learning. It requires the physical presence of both the teacher and student, with some elements of student control over time, place, path, or pace. While students still attend physical lessons with a teacher, the lesson delivery is combined with computer-mediated activities for students to do more independent learning with guidance.
- Approximately 50% of teaching will be conducted F2F (6 lessons of physical interaction), and the other 50% conducted via synchronous online teaching (7 lessons of online interaction per module).
- Coursework includes attendance at lectures, e-learning, discussions of case studies and interactive presentations, tests, and completion of the group and individually written assignments.
- Contact hours: 39 hours per module, total 117 hours
- 3 semesters. Each semester is a period of four months.
- Lectures at least once a week (Mon-Fri evenings)
- Each lesson: 3 hours
- Additional classes and workshops provided to teach study skills, academic writing and presentation.
- Academic materials include module outlines, reading lists and handbooks on study strategies.
- Minimum class size: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days before class commences.
Assessment & Attendance
- Continuous assessment throughout the one-year programme, e.g., individual assignment, group project, case study, quiz/class test, presentations, and class participation.
- In addition to continuous assessments, students are required to take a test or an exam for all modules.
- To attain a pass for each module, students must achieve overall minimum GPA of 1.0 (grade D).
- This is an intensive part-time programme. All students are encouraged to attain a minimum attendance rate of 75%.
Requirements to Graduate
Students who pass all modules will be issued a transcript and awarded with a Certificate from SIM upon graduation.
Modules12-month part-time programme (3 semesters) of 3 modules:
- Introduction to Sustainability and Stakeholder Management
- Corporate Sustainability and Human Resource Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain for a Green Economy
Accepted Entry Qualifications
The following qualifications are accepted:
- A degree from a recognised university; or
- Candidates (30 years old and above) who are Diploma holders or hold equivalent qualifications with a minimum of 8 years of working experience.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose academic qualifications are not attained in the English medium are required to demonstrate proficiency in English in one of the following minimum test scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL 570
- Internet-based TOEFL 88
- IELTS 6.0
Note: TOEFL or IELTS test scores must be less than 2 years at point of enrolment.
Fees & Financial Aid
Programme fees are payable over 3 semesters before class starts.
Payment to SIM can be made through SIMConnect using Credit Card (Visa or Master), PayNow, eNETS, OCBC Interest-free Instalment Plan (min. S$500) and cheques.
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST. The programme fee does not include textbooks.
• Total: S$4,043.52 (2023 intake)
• Per module: S$1,347.84
Fees will be subject to revised GST of 8% effective on 1 Jan 2023 and 9% on 1 Jan 2024. Refer to GST Notes under Fees Tab for more information.
- Fees published are inclusive of current GST of 8%. The parts of fees not invoiced, not paid and where services are not rendered in year 2023 are subject to the new GST rates effective on 1 Jan 2024. Refer to IRAS website here for more details.
- For invoice generated in 2023 for services to be rendered in 2024, if payment is collected by 2023, 8% GST will apply.
- For invoice generated in 2023, if the payment is received in 2024 and service is rendered in 2024, 9% GST will apply. Credit note against original invoice and a new invoice bearing 9% GST will be issued.
- For invoice generated in 2023 and service is rendered in 2023, if payment is collected in 2024 (i.e. late payment), 8% still applies.
Mandatory One-time Fees
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST.
Application Fee: S$97.20
Payable for each application form that is submitted. Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. The fee will be refunded fully only if the intake does not commence. Unpaid applications will not be processed.
International students will not be eligible for a Student’s Pass Visa.
You May Also Like
Speak with SIM's programme counsellors and get advice and support in choosing the best study programmes for your learning.Learn more