Awarded and developed by: University of Birmingham, UK
Gaining business and communication skills
The growth of social media and other public relations tools has had a huge impact on how organisations market themselves.
The programme combines a broad-based business education with a strong marketing and communications theme, emphasising the importance of relationships between businesses and the communities they operate in.
It provides a good balance between theoretical underpinning and development of practical communication skills for students who wish to work in any business role where communications is key, including Public Relations, Marketing Communications or in communications related industries.
You will be required to undertake an Advanced Communications Practice (Placement) in Year 3.
- Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence, with a membership community of over 120,000.
- Through the University’s partnership with CMI, all final year SIM-Birmingham business students will be eligible for CMI membership and have access to its resources to support their studies.
Why a Bachelor’s from University of Birmingham?
- Degrees are of the same standings and standards as those awarded in the UK
- Long tradition and established track record of teaching business and management
- Established international reputation of the University and the Business School
- Research led – cutting-edge research feeds directly into teaching
- International syllabus with a focus on the issues of globalisation
- Dedicated staff who provide continuous support for your studies
- Join the alumni community of more than 300,000 graduates. From television and sport to research and government, the University has outstanding alumni across all sectors.
- SIM Preparatory Course in Business is available for non-business related diploma holders.