Local faculty, with intensive workshops by UK academics.
Face-to-face lectures, group discussions, workshops and online study.
Duration of each lesson is 3 hours.
Mode of Study
Classes are held in three-hour blocks between Monday and Friday, starting at 8.30am, 12pm or 3.30pm. There are occasional classes on weeknights at 7pm and weekends.
- Annual intensive revision from mid-March to end-April (lessons may be held in the evenings / weekends).
- Classes on study skills, academic writing and Peer-Assisted Learning sessions.
- Virtual Learning Environment
- SIMConnect portal
- University materials such as subject guides, past exam papers and exam commentaries, reading lists and handbooks on good study strategies
Class starts / Sep 2020
Examination Entry Exercise / Jan 2021
SIM Preliminary Exam / Feb – Mar 2021
Revision / Mar – Apr 2021
University Exams / May – Jun 2021
Results released / Mid-Aug 2021
Minimum / Maximum period:
Standard BSc (Hons) (12 units) 3 years / 8 years*
*Students of 2020 intake are required to complete this BSc programme within 4 years. No refund or recourse should the student fail to complete by 2024.
No refund or recourse should the 2020 intake students fail to complete within the maximum period.
At SIM, students who are academically weak and find it difficult to progress or complete the programme within the minimum duration will receive counselling.
SIM reserves the right to withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme, especially when the student’s pass has expired.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days after the application period.
Students are required to complete a total of 12 full courses:
Year 1 Units
- CO1102 Mathematics for computing
- CO1108 Information systems: foundations of e-business
- CO1109 Introduction to Java and object-oriented programming
- CO1110 Introduction to computing and the internet
Year 2 Units
- CO2209 Database systems
- CO2220 Graphical object-oriented and internet programming in Java
- CO2222 Data communications and enterprise networking
- CO2226 Software engineering, algorithm design and analysis
Year 3 Units
Choose 6 half units from the following:
- CO3310 Artificial intelligence
- CO3311 Neural networks
- CO3318 Information systems management
- CO3323 Electronic commerce
- CO3326 Computer security
- CO3348 Interaction design
- CO3353 Software engineering project management (CO2226)
- CO3355 Advanced graphics and animation
PLUS a compulsory project:
- CO3320 Project (full unit)
All assessments include coursework and written exam except CO1102 which only has written exam. For certain Level 3 units, pre-requisites or co-requisites may be required. Please refer to the units indicated in the brackets.
Unit Information (PDF 195 KB)
Sample of full-time class schedule (PDF 67 KB)