SIM GE Crisis Fund
SIM GE Crisis Fund
The SIM GE Crisis Fund aims to provide urgent financial assistance to students studying at SIM GE, who are in dire need of financial aid, arising from the unforeseen family financial crisis. This financial assistance is given based on our eligibility criteria, as well as the assessed level of neediness of the applicants.
- Full-time / Part-time SIM GE students pursuing Foundation, Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate programmes, excluding those who are currently in Bridging / Preparatory / Certificate in English course
- Must have enrolled and started classes
- Singapore Citizen / Singapore Permanent Resident / International Student
- The ceiling for Per Capita Income (PCI): S$1000 (e.g. Total Gross Household Income = S$3250, Total Number of Household Members =5, PCI = S$3250 / 5 = S$650)
- Have sudden financial difficulties due to unforeseen family crisis such as:
- loss of job for the family income-earner(s)
- loss of the family income-earner(s)
- medical condition/treatment of the family income-earner(s)
- any other type of family crisis will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Requires urgent financial assistance
- Have not been awarded the SIM GE Crisis Fund before
The recipients for the fund will be determined by the bursary selection panel, based on applicants’ assessed PCI and the eligibility criteria.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, but will be processed and awarded on a quarterly basis. Late entries will be considered in the subsequent quarter.
|Application Period||Closing Date||Notification Period|
|Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar)||31 March||Within 1 month from application|
|Quarter 2 (Apr to Jun)||30 June|
|Quarter 3 (Jul to Sep)||30 September|
|Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec)||31 December|
Things to Note
- Not all eligible applications will be guaranteed an award.
- The decision of SIM Global Education is final and we do not enter into any correspondence on the SIM GE Crisis Fund (including the reasons for not awarding the SIM GE Crisis Fund).
- The disbursement of SIM GE Crisis Fund will be in the form of Interbank GIRO transfer/ cheque, and will usually take place within a month of your application.
- Successful applicants will not be eligible for bursary in the same quarter. You can, however, apply for bursary in the next quarter, subject to approval.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be assessed for bursary in the same quarter based on existing bursary eligibility criteria.
Prepare the required documents
- All documents must be scanned and attached to the online application form before submission as no changes can be made thereafter.
- SIM GE has the right to reject applications with incomplete documents.
- Prepare the required supporting documents before application:
Apply in SIMConnect
- Log in to SIMConnect and navigate to the ‘My Apps’ tab.
- Select ‘Self Service’ and click on ‘Campus Finance’.
- Next, select ‘Financial Aid’ and click ‘Apply for Bursary’.
The collection of personal data such as your NRIC number, and other supporting documents are required to facilitate the processing of applications, including verifications of the identities of applicants and household members.
Learn more about SIM Data Privacy
You May Also Like
SIM Global Education Diploma Scholarship
View eligibility criteria and application details for the SIM GE Academic Excellence Scholarship (Diploma) and SIM GE Merit Scholarship (Diploma).Learn more
SIM Global Education Scholarship
Learn about the eligibility criteria of the SIM GE Scholarship, and find out how to apply.Learn more