Awarded by the University of London, UK and Developed by the Member Institution, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
The Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science teaches students how to apply technology to real-world data science problems. By studying this programme, you will learn the mathematical foundations of statistics as well as the statistical skills, and gain in-depth understanding of emerging technologies
Grasp the computational techniques needed to efficiently analyse very large data sets under the guidance of experts in this domain. You will analyse trends in social media and make financial predictions based on the data gathered.
The programme includes:
- A firm grounding in the theory of data mining, statistics and machine learning
- Hands-on practical real-world applications such as social media, biomedical data and financial data with Hadoop (used by Yahoo!, Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, IBM, Amazon, and many others), R and other specialised software
- The opportunity to work with real-world software such as Apache
- Stackable programme, allowing students to progress from the Postgraduate Certificate to the Postgraduate Diploma, and on to Master’s.
- Candidates entering this programme via Entry Route 2 are required to complete an online preparatory course. For details, go to the Admission Criteria section.