Running an organisation in a volatile, uncertain environment requires leaders to think strategically beyond day-to-day tactical operations. Being able to develop strategic business plans that leverage external and internal factors that form the basis for formulating winning strategies is key to business success and sustainability.
This programme will equip senior managers with the skills to scan the environment, understand customer buying factors, formulate and execute strategies that drives results.
Participants will have a chance to turn around an unprofitable business through the use of a computer-based simulation. They will be competing with other teams in the learning environment to be the most profitable company. This would involve formulating strategy, performing competitive analysis and making investment decisions that will drive success in their respective businesses. The experiential, risk-free hands-on approach to learning will reduce the time taken to build strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Understand the importance of business strategy and identify strategies for your respective business areas
- Practise building a strategic business plan
- Apply techniques to facilitate strategy formulation and planning
- Understand the trade-offs and implications in developing and implementing strategies
- Develop a strategy and make decisions consistent with that strategy
- Link business unit goals and objectives to corporate goals and objectives