GST rate will be increased from 8% to 9% with effect from 1 Jan 2024.
FROM OPERATIONAL MANAGER TO STRATEGIC THINKER
SIM X SIM ACAD
11-03-2024 to 12-03-2024
11-07-2024 to 12-07-2024
10-10-2024 to 11-10-2024
02-12-2024 to 03-12-2024
Member Total Fee (inc. 8% gst) : $1,036.80
Non-Member Total Fee (inc. 8% gst) : $1,296.00
Managers need to balance their roles between operational management and strategic thinking. As organisations flatten with changing roles, strategic thinking is no longer the responsibility of only senior management. All managers down the line are required to think strategically within the context of their organisation's business.
Participants will develop a strategic mindset so as to add value to their organisations from within their own work units as well as in their interactions with other units. Developing a strategic mindset also prepares participants for higher levels of responsibility over time.
- Understand the difference between operational management and strategic thinking
- Understand what is strategy and how strategic thinking can add value to your organisation
- Learn a structured, four-step approach to strategic thinking
- Apply this approach to different types of organisations - commercial and non-commercial - and to different levels within an organisation - corporate, business unit and functional level
- Understand the challenges and key requirements of successful strategy execution
- What is Strategy and Strategic Thinking?
- A structured framework for strategic thinking
- Formulating Strategic Questions
- Answering the Strategic Questions
- Some Analysis Tools to Help Answer Questions
- Mission and Vision
- Strategic Thinking at the Functional Level
- Strategy Execution and key requirements for success
Who should attend?
(Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
Francis Ho has been a trainer for the last 18 years. He has trained extensively overseas in places like France, Switzerland, India, China, Japan, Australia and many other countries. For his training locally, Francis has been bestowed 3 May Day Awards in 2009 (by the minister for Manpower) for his contributions in transformative training in Singapore. Prior to become a trainer, Francis has a successful career as a banker. His last corporate position was as a Vice President in Citibank, managing a team of about 100 staff.
As a specialist in Leadership and Management training, he uses the latest in human resource psychology and neuro-science to help supervisors and managers understand human drivers for behaviours and attitude and learn tools and technique to draw out positive mindset and action from employees for peak performance in the workplace. According to Francis, “Leadership and Management is a science! Attend the right training and learn it as an ART!”. Francis is particularly effective in facilitating workshops for newly promoted supervisors and managers to help them build a strong foundation for leadership and management. For the more experienced learners, Francis shares many new cutting-edge management techniques used by some top managers in the Fortune 500 companies. Francis’ workshops are fun, effective and impactful.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee (inc. 8% gst)||$1,036.80||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee (inc. 8% gst)||$1,296.00||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||Read Terms & Conditions|
Programme Executive In Charge : Mei Yen
Telephone number : 62486137
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.