Being assertive means communicating your needs, wants and opinion to others in a direct and tactful manner, while at the same time receptive to their needs and without being confrontational or aggressive.
You cannot manage effectively if you feel uncomfortable saying ‘NO’ to your employees and are afraid to influence upwards and shy away from conflicts. Participants will learn to:
- Take charge in their jobs
- Handle conflicts with strength and decisiveness
- Get tasks accomplished while maintaining effective relationships
- Make requests and refuse others
- Negotiate diplomatically
- Influence others without being coercive or manipulative