About RMIT University
One of Australia’s original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now enrols over 96,000 students each year, including more than 19,000 at postgraduate level.
RMIT has been in partnership with SIM since 1987, with close to 49,000 graduates. Today, the university’s Bachelor programmes at SIM GE include Arts & Social Sciences (Communication/Design), Business & Management studies, and speciality programmes.
- Overall Employment Rate (SIM/RMIT) – 84.1%*
*Based on the SIM Graduate Employment Survey 2020/21 conducted by Media Research Consultants on the 2020 cohort of graduates from the full-time Bachelor degree programmes, approximately 6 months after completing their studies. The overall employment rate includes graduates in full-time, part-time and freelance employment rate.
Visit the university’s website for more information.
Rankings & Accreditations
- Art and Design: 15th in the world and the highest ranked in Australia
- Architecture and the Built Environment: 31st in the world and 3rd highest in Australia
- Communication and Media Studies: 40th in the world and 4th in Australia
- Library and Information Management: 49th in the world and 3rd in Australia
- Mineral and Mining Engineering / Civil and Structural Engineering / Development Studies: Among world’s top 100 universities
- Accounting and Finance / Computer Science and Information Systems / Education and Training / Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Geography / Materials Sciences / Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering: Among world’s top 150 universities
A combination of face-to-face and online lectures, case studies, business simulations and experiential activities
Taught by RMIT academics and local lecturers, to the highest quality standards
RMIT programmes are co-designed with industry to give you the practical skills needed to succeed in the workforce.
Over 30 years of partnership between SIM and RMIT, with close to 49,000 graduates who work across a variety of sectors.
RMIT offers campuses in Melbourne and Vietnam, and over 200 exchange partners across Europe, Asia and North America.
Hear from our students
Lutfi Amali, Civil Engineer at Hyundai Engineering & Construction, first discovered he enjoyed Project Management when he oversaw Alterations & Additions (A&A) works at PSA Singapore. Motivated, he pursued the Construction Management part-time programme where he learned about the industry in Singapore and beyond. With solid fundamentals of Project Management that complement his professional experience, Lutfi soared to greater heights in his career. At present, he spearheads his projects with better collaboration skills and a greater emphasis on on-site efficiency and safety.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Global Development and Vice-President
RMIT is proud of its long-standing partnership with SIM GE – a journey that has spanned more than three decades. Together, our institutions have achieved so much...Read more
Professor Peter Coloe
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Global Development and Vice-President, RMIT University
Experience future-focused business, communication, design, aviation and construction management degree programmes. Through industry projects and work-integrated learning RMIT equips you with the skills you need today to get the job you want tomorrow.