Local faculty, with intensive workshops by UK academics.
Lectures, group discussions, workshops and online study
Duration of each lesson is 3 hours.
Mode of Study
Full time classes are held in three-hour blocks between Monday and Friday, starting at 8.30am, 12pm or 3.30pm. There are occasional classes on weeknights at 7pm and weekends. Classes for part-time programmes are held form 7pm to 10pm on weeknights or on Saturdays, with occasional classes on Sundays.
- Annual intensive revision from mid-March to end-April (lessons may be held in the evenings / weekends).
- Classes on study skills, academic writing and Peer-Assisted Learning sessions.
- Virtual Learning Environment
- SIM Connect portal
- University materials such as subject guides, past exam papers and exam commentaries, reading lists and handbooks on good study strategies
Classes / Sept 2020 – Feb 2021
SIM Preliminary Exams / End-Feb – Early March 2021
Revision / Mid-Mar – End-Apr 2021
University Exams / May – Jun 2021
Results released / Mid-Aug 2021
Minimum / Maximum period:
1 years / 5 years
The programme is made up of 4 units and there are no prerequisites for each unit.
Students will attend classes with those pursuing a Bachelor’s programme at SIM campus.
No refund or recourse should the student fail to complete within the maximum period.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days after the application period.
Three compulsory units:
- IS1181 Digital infrastructures for business
- IS3167 Management and innovation of e-business
- IS3183 Management and social media
One unit chosen from:
- IS2184 Information systems management* (offered FT only)
- IS3159 Research project in digital innovation* (offer FT only)
- MN3119 Strategy
- MN3141 Principles of marketing
* Assessment for IS2184 and IS3159 includes coursework