Local faculty, with intensive workshops by UK academics.
Lectures, group discussions, workshops and online study
Duration of each lesson is 3 hours.
Mode of Study
Full time classes are held in three-hour blocks between Monday and Saturday, starting at 8.30am, 12pm or 3.30pm. There are occasional classes on weeknights at 7pm and on Sundays and public holidays. Classes for part-time programmes are held form 7pm to 10pm on weeknights or on Saturdays, with occasional classes on Sundays and public holidays.
Local students may transfer between the part-time and full-time programme after a year, at the annual course enrolment exercise for continuing students.
- Annual intensive revision from mid-March to end-April (lessons may be held in the evenings / weekends / public holidays).
- Classes on study skills, academic writing and the Peer-Assisted Learning sessions.
- Virtual Learning Environment
- SIMConnect portal
- University materials such as subject guides, past exam papers and exam commentaries, reading lists and handbooks on good study strategies
Classes / Sept 2019 – Feb 2020
SIM Preliminary Exams / Feb 2020
Revision / Mar – Apr 2020
University Exams / May 2020
Results released / Mid-Aug 2020
The programme is made up of 4 units and there are no prerequisites for each unit.
1 and 5 years to complete the qualification, with a minimum duration of 1 year.
Students will attend classes with those pursuing a Bachelor’s programme at SIM campus.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days after the application period.
One compulsory unit:
- AC1025 Principles of Accounting
Two units chosen from:
- AC3059 Financial Management or FN2190 Asset Pricing and Financial Markets
- AC2091 Financial Reporting
- AC3093 Auditing and Assurance
- AC2097 Management Accounting
- AC3143 Valuation and securities analysis
One 200 or 300 full unit (or two half-units) chosen from any of the Selection groups, including any of those units not already selected above.
2019-2020 Units offered at SIM (PDF 57 KB)
Outline of Modules (PDF 344 KB)
Sample of full-time class schedule (PDF 67 KB)