SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS - A SYSTEMS THINKING APPROACH - REMOTE LEARNING
(including 7% GST)
Member Total Fee : $898.80
Non-Member Total Fee : $1,123.50
In today’s world, characterized by complexity and uncertainty, organizations face a multitude of issues, all of which are complex and inter-connected. The issues are aggravated by a poor appreciation of the whole situation – much like 6 blind men each feeling a part of an elephant. As a result, ‘What is the real problem?’ becomes a common refrain at management levels.
This programme introduces an approach to managing complexity using Systems Thinking. It enables the participants to appreciate the BIG picture and the inter-connections between the subsystems. The participants will gain an insight into separating symptoms from real causes, and find high leverage points to implement effective solutions.
Through this programme, participants will increase their problem solving capability, thereby bringing long-lasting efficiency and improvement at the workplace. In addition, the ability to appreciate the big picture enables them to formulate strategies, leading to aligned effort, less wastage, and ultimately improved revenue and profit margins.
This programme enables the participants to:
- Analyze an issue in terms of components and their inter-connections
- Synthesize perspectives from different stakeholders into a coherent picture
- Assess the situation with a systems-level perspective
- Identify the symptoms, root cause and consequences of a complex issue
- Resolve the complex issue by creating or identifying new paradigm, new mindset, new leverage points and/or new action
The 2-day programme comprises:
- Overview and concept of complexity
- Concept of Systems Thinking and its application
- What is the real problem? - Separating symptom from root cause
- What is causing the problem? - Appreciating the underlying structures
- Case study – Hospital Bed Crunch, Singapore Prison Service, Covid-19 Pandemic
- Consolidating and application tips
Who should attend?
Level 3 - New Managers
Level 4 - Managers
Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
TAN Hong Wee, who has had 26 years’ experience as a leader in the Singapore Armed Forces. Leveraging on his vast experience as an operational leader, he was subsequently appointed to the SAF Centre for Leadership Development, where he was the administrator of the keystone Leadership and Organisational Programme – in that sense, Hong Wee combines real ground experience with the ability to teach and inspire.
Since leaving civil service in 2013, Hong Wee has been actively engaged in Leadership Development and Consultancy for a wide spectrum of organisations in both public and private sectors. Through his consultancy, Hong Wee has amassed real-life applications and examples of leadership in context. These come to life in both his programmes as well as his two books: ‘Leader As Coach, Leader As Facilitator’and ‘Be Smarter Than Your Problem – The Art of Systems Thinking’. Hong Wee holds 2 Master’s Degree: University of Cambridge (Mathematics) and Naval Postgraduate School (Systems Engineering).
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$898.80||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$1,123.50||-|
Programme Executive In Charge : Mei Yen
Telephone number : 62486137 | 62466746
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.