PROVIDING SUPERIOR SERVICE & MANAGING UPSET CUSTOMERS - REMOTE LEARNING
(including 7% GST)
Member Total Fee : $856.00
Non-Member Total Fee : $1,070.00
This 2-day face-to-face online programme - a sister programme of the successful in-person Providing Superior Service & Managing Upset Customers™ course - has been carefully adapted to the virtual training environment to deliver equal value to participants in terms of learning directly relevant skills to on-the-job customer interface situations.
This program focuses on helping participants to address head-on issues regarding difficult customers and/or service-breakdowns so as to transform challenges into opportunities and loyal customers.
We have developed solutions that acknowledge that service breakdowns can occur no matter how well you do your job.
Advantages & Unique Features of Online Providing Superior Service & Managing Upset Customers™
· Convenience/ flexibility of attendance from anywhere in the world you may be.
· Learning strategies/ take-aways/ methodology include:
- Fillable PDF format workbook
- Superior Service Roadmap™
- Small group discussions
- Application sessions
· Video clip of each role-play + coach’s immediate feedback will be sent to participants within 24 hours.
· Customisation: You will be required to list your specific needs so as to allow the facilitator to cater the content and activities to address your specific needs either as part of the main session, or on a one-one-one basis via email or on WhatsApp.
- Addresses how to build a stronger more resilient service culture which will in turn reduce service breakdown frequency.
- Highlights how to turn a service-breakdown into a fantastic opportunity to increase customer loyalty and propel the company forward as opposed to being problematic.
This solution enables service interface staff and service supervisors to better manage themselves and upset customers, take control of the situation by being assertive as opposed to being passive/aggressive and learn from mistakes and breakdowns.
By the end of this 2-Day face-to-face online ‘Providing Superior Service & Managing Upset Customers’ program, you will be able:
- To agree on the benefits of superior service to the service providers themselves.
- To consciously apply techniques to enhance your non-verbal communication so as to present yourself professionally and positively.
- To explain the hierarchy of customers’ expectations and better manage the impact that customers’ expectations have on the perceived level of service.
- To understand and consistently apply the ‘Superior Service Cycle’ online, on the telephone and when interacting face-to-face with customers.
- To apply customer-focused language and consistently address the customer’s needs and concerns with tact and professionalism.
- To constructively manage upset customers and turn disagreements and challenges to your advantage.
- To avoid aggressiveness while being assertive and apply practical and effective techniques to take control of and shift emotional states.
SESSION ONE: INTRODUCTION, PROJECTING A POSITIVE IMAGE AND SERVICE ROLE-PLAY
We will discuss:-
- Program’s objectives and the course methodology.
- How the concept of service relates to the image of the department, the organization and the individual providing the service.
- You will develop your individual personal messaging strategy and explore how your professional image relates to the company’s service mission.
- In groups, participants will role-play typical service breakdown situations faced on the job where they have to provide superior service to internal or external customers.
SESSION TWO: VERBAL AND NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION FOR SUPERIOR SERVICE AND ROLE-PLAY REVIEW
- We will explore strategies to improve the perceived level of service by applying customer service language, consciously using the voice and projecting a positive body image.
- The group will review the role-plays and you will identify what behaviors you would like to keep, drop or refine for consistently projecting a positive image verbally, visually and vocally.
SESSION THREE: UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT OF SERVICE
- We will discuss the connection between service, expectation management and customer delight.
- After exploring the hierarchy of customers’ expectations, participants brainstorm and relate the concepts learned with real life situations experienced in the company.
SESSION FOUR: PARTS OF A SUPERIOR SERVICE ENCOUNTER
- We will explore the different parts of a service encounter with customers, and how these can be seamlessly integrated, ensuring satisfaction for the client as well as the service provider.
- Conducting a Needs Analysis
- Proposing a Solution & Providing Options
- Getting an Agreement
SESSION ONE: REVIEW OF DAY ONE AND MANAGING YOUR OWN EMOTIONS WHILE MANAGING UPSET CUSTOMERS
- Review of Day One.
- Constructive management of upset customers starts with the effective management of the self. You will learn how the brain is wired and what emotional hijacks are.
- You will be introduced to a mental framework to help you better deal with emotional hijacks - The MAPAC ModelTM.
- You will explore your own emotional support systems and learn simple strategies to help shift out of negative emotional states.
SESSION TWO: MANAGING UPSET CUSTOMERS CONSTRUCTIVELY
- You will be introduced to The ACT 8-Step ModelTM To Turning Difficult Situations Around (ie. a summary and application tool for learning from service breakdowns).
- You will also learn:-
- Strategies to turn challenges into opportunities by avoiding aggressiveness while being assertive.
- How to apply active listening and probing skills when identifying specific customer needs to be addressed.
- Influential language.
- A checklist of words and phrases that anger, irritate or belittle the message.
SESSION THREE: LEARNING FROM SERVICE BREAKDOWNS
- You will learn how adults learn (i.e. The Adult Learning Cycle) and how this knowledge applies to service.
- You will learn to defuse as well as turn around explosive situations by asking instead of telling, i.e. applying the concept of coaching to service situations.
- Topics to be covered include:
- Developing your own customer service recovery skills through a customer-centric coaching approach.
- Developing customer recovery skills in others through a customer-centric coaching approach.
- The 5Cs Debriefing Model to enable you to coach yourself and staff members to providing superior service.
SESSION FOUR: FINAL ROLE-PLAY APPLICATION (POTENTIALLY EXPLOSIVE SITUATIONS), INTEGRATION AND DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- We will simulate a service-based potentially explosive situation. This session will be video-taped.
- Participants will then be given two checklists, which they will be able to use back at the workplace:
- 1. Service Breakdown Learning Checklist
- 2. Coaching Performance Self-assessment Checklist
- Participants reflect on the day’s learnings and use their own knowledge and skills for coaching and educating each other.
- Participants develop a Personal Development Plan to support continuous learning on the job.
As part of the training and learning during this course, photography and/or video recording of participants’ performance during the role-plays will be done together with immediate feedback to be provided by the coach.
Who should attend?(Level 1) Administrative & Support
(Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
Paula Marcondes is the founder and principal consultant of a consultancy. Ms Marcondes is an insightful and dynamic consultant with 23 years of experience in corporate training and 12 years of experience in the executive coaching arenas conducting needs analysis, programme planning, curriculum development and facilitation of programmes in the areas of leadership and management development, business communications, sales and negotiation, professional image and customer service.
She has worked extensively with key players in the banking and finance, manufacturing, education, IT and electronics and pharmaceutical sectors - most of which are well-known multinational corporations and Fortune 500 companies - and in the public sector - with government boards and government-owned organisations.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$856.00||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$1,070.00||-|
Telephone Number :62486137
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.