APPLIED ROBOTICS PROCESS AUTOMATION (RPA) FOR SMART MANUFACTURING AND SUSTAINABILITY
Leadership & Governance
10-11-2022 to 11-11-2022
(including 7% GST)
Member Total Fee : $1,391.00
Non-Member Total Fee : $1,391.00
RPA is a key component in the landscape of automation and artificial intelligence (AI) technology. It has been identified by major businesses as the transformative capability that directly impacting bottom lines because of improved productivity, new abilities to offer differentiated experiences and uncover new revenue streams. More importantly, automating repetitive, rule-based tasks enables employees to focus on higher-value activities that require advanced skills, improves employee engagement, and translates to happier customers.
Governed by business processes and logics, RPA aims to allow anyone today to apply technology and configure computer software, or a “robot” to capture data and manipulate applications just like humans do. RPA robots can perform a vast variety of mundane and repetitive tasks substantially quickly and accurately.
This 2-day introductory course helps upskill participants with fundamental RPA skillset to enable and empower participants to automate their daily challenges independently. When we free up the individuals and allow them more time to use their skills, this elevates engagement, productivity, and performance levels, and job satisfaction. During the course, participants will explore the RPA landscape, its capabilities and applications, future development, and impact to understand the importance of RPA as an enabler of the digital transformation. Participants will have opportunities to work on realistic industry Use-Cases and create RPA solutions in the context of SMART manufacturing and sustainability.
- Login to demo website, scrap for work instructions/job orders from multiple pages and save them into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Compute company total monthly travel and freight carbon emissions using web resources and save in Excel spreadsheet.
- Read email messages and download sustainability reports from different regions. Consolidate these reports into a group summary sustainability report. Compose and send customised email messages with the summary report to management committee members.
• Understand Middleware and its proper usage in application integration.
• Understand processes which can be automated.
• Explain the basic concepts of Robotic Process Automation.
• Apply RPA techniques to integrate different types of applications such as Desktop Application, Browsers, Excel, PDF & Emails.
• Understand and identify potential compatibility or technical issues while integrating various applications.
LU1: Introduction to Middleware
• What is Middleware?
• How does Middleware work?
LU2: Introduction to RPA
• RPA landscape, tools, and automation examples
• Identify process for automation
• Mapping HumanPath and design RobotPath
LU3: Introduction to UiPath
• Installing UiPath Studio community edition
• The User Interface
• Activities Guide
• UiPath Assistant
Activities: Software demo and hands-on.
LU4 Variables – Concepts, Types, Application and Exercise
• Naming Best Practices
• The Variables Panel
• Generic Value, Text, True or False, Number, Array, Date and Time and Data Table Variables
LU5: Control Flow
• Assign Activity
• While / Do While Activity
• If Activity
• For Each Activity
Activities: Learner will participate in an exercise on data manipulation and control flow.
• Introduction to Recording
• Basic and Desktop Recording
• Web Recording
• Input/Output Methods
LU7: Advanced UI Interaction o Screen Scraping
• Screen Scraping
• Data Scraping
• Scraping advanced techniques
LU8: Working with Spreadsheet and Data Tables
• Accessing data in Excel and Data tables
• Import/Export CSV/Excel to data table
LU9: Working with Emails
• Email Automation
LU10: Working with PDF
• Accessing data in PDF
Activities: Learner will do hands-on UiPath programming applying above knowledge in various Use-Cases.
LU11: Working with UiPath Extensions and Packages
• Identify and activate the different UiPath Extensions for proper integration of applications.
Activities: Installing UiPath Extensions in automation exercise.
Who should attend?
Level 3 - New Managers
Level 4 - Managers
Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
Oo Kah Wee has more than 20 years of hands-on experience in organization excellence and learning & development roles across public and private sectors, and in diverse industry areas such as IT, automotive, manufacturing, health care and aviation.
He is a co-founder of a precision engineering company and has been teaching part-time engineering and IT programs since 2015. Having led and participated in numerous organization excellence and productivities projects, Kah Wee is convinced that every employee can contribute to continuous improvements in the company. He embarked on using RPA to automate processes in his company in 2018 and started teaching RPA to participants from diverse sectors. Kah Wee has worked with participants in RPA programs to automate processes across functional areas such as logistics, finance, HR, admin, quality control and training management.
Kah Wee obtained his bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology from the National University of Singapore and completed his master’s degree in Education/Training from the University of Southern Queensland. Kah Wee’s other professional qualifications include Certified Diploma in Accounting and Finance, and Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) with the Institute of Adult Learning.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$1,391.00||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$1,391.00||-|
Programme Executive In Charge : Patricia Lee
Telephone number : 62489447
Email : email@example.com
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.