18 May 2017
At the Singapore Institute of Management’s (SIM) 52nd Annual General Meeting on 17 May, Professor Hsieh Tsun-yan was appointed Vice-Chairman of the SIM Governing Council. Professor Hsieh replaces Vice-Chairman Victor Liew who stepped down from the Council, having served from 2011 to 2017.
Four members were re-elected and one was newly elected to the SIM Governing Council for a period of two years from 2017 to 2019. They are:
- Professor Hsieh Tsun-yan, Chairman and Lead Counsellor of LinHart Group;
- Susan Chong, Chief Executive Officer of Greenpac (S) Pte Ltd;
- Madeleine Lee, Founder and CEO of Athenaeum Holdings Asia Ltd;
- Tan Choon Seng, Chairman of Truscott Group; and
- Jen Kwong Hwa, Venture Partner of Get2Volume Accelerator (newly elected Member).
The other Members of the Council including two new Co-opted Members are:
- Tan Soo Jin, Advisor, Amrop Singapore/Gattie-Tan Soo Jin Management Consultants Pte Ltd;
- Patrick Fang, Managing Director of PFang & Associates Pte Ltd;
- Junie Foo, Head of Corporate Banking Singapore and Head, Global Subsidiary Banking, Asia Oceania, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd;
- Winston Tan, Managing Director of Winmark Investments Pte Ltd and Corporate Brokers International Pte Ltd;
- George Thia, Business Consultant of Asiainc Pte Ltd;
- Professor Cham Tao Soon, President Emeritus, Nanyang Technological University (Co-opted Member);
- Chia Wee Boon, Chief Executive Officer, NCS Pte Ltd (Co-opted Member); and
- Adeline Sum, Deputy CEO (Strategic Alignment), NTUC Enterprise and Managing Director (Corporate Strategy), NTUC FairPrice Cooperative Ltd (Co-opted Member).